Sharing my bliss…
When I was in my early 20’s I felt like I was in a hole. I had a meaningless desk job, a boyfriend that didn’t bring out the best in me, an incomplete education, and was simply just lost. I had no clue what I wanted to do with my life but I had this overwhelming feeling that I was meant to do something else. Something to better the world. Something that would make a difference in the lives of others. In 2009, I registered for Birmingham Yoga’s 200 hour teacher training on a whim and never looked back. During my yoga studies I changed my eating habits and became a healthier person. At the end of training I started listening to that inner voice and got out of my 4-year-long relationship with the wrong person. I found amazing “soul-friends” in training and through one of those friends I was introduced to my amazing husband. After realizing my love for leading class (and a long sabbatical from school) I decided my love for teaching and children should merge and I went back to school for early childhood education. I soon found a job at a preschool and quit my wrong-fit-for-me desk job. From there I was lead into the world of special education where I found my true calling. I travel more, enjoy life, take deep breaths, meet new people, and live life to a whole new maximum. To this day, I cannot tell you what it is about yoga that opened my mind and let me realize the meaning to my life, but I know it was yoga. Now I have just turned The Big 3-0 and my life is completely different. I have a bachelor’s in early childhood education and a master’s in Early Childhood Special Education. I teach kindergartners with Autism and Developmental Delays and have this amazing feeling that I am making a difference in the world.
My mission for this blog is simple, to spread love, light, acceptance and maybe some laughs along the way. I post quotes that I find inspiring, my favorite healthy recipes and detox ideas, my adventures in yoga, and sometimes even about my source of pure happiness, Bailey dog!
Life is the choices you make… yoga opened my mind to be able to see those choices and opportunities clearly.
See my favorite post “Miraculous practice…” about how yoga changes your life.
- Birmingham Yoga: http://birminghamyoga.com/portfolio/lindsey-morrissette-dachelet/
- RYT200 (Yoga Alliance)
- Prenatal (YogaFit)
- Soul-friends: The two Susan’s, Kelsey & Lindsey (The end of Yoga Teacher Training, December 2009. Fort Walton Beach, FL)
- Family: Darren, Emma, Bailey, & Lindsey (October 2013)
- National Yoga Month 2013, Astavakrasana (eight angle pose) & Bailey! (September 2013)
- Yogini Teacher! Teacher work day 2013 (August 2013)
- National Yoga Month 2010 with my favorite yoga buddy, Bailey! (Salutation Nation, September 2010 at Homewood Park in Sweet Home Alabama)
- Yogini teacher! End of my first year teaching kindergarten (special education)! (May 2015)
- Officially a family! (September 2014)
- Snowga in Park City, Utah! (February 2014)